vrijdag 14 maart 2014

Custom Topmounts with pillowball

Because we made my front topmounts a bit to fast, it is making annoying cracking noises now..
So i want to change that, by making custom pillowball topmounts.

I'm gonna make it all by myself with a lathe and milling machine.
Material i am using is Aluminium 7075 T6, also known as Aircraft aluminum.
Its a high strength aluminum and it is perfect to machine.
Using the best turning chisel, and some petroleum it will give a high gloss finish.

First I took some measurements and started working on the Autocad drawings.

After i've finished the drawings, i ordered all the materials, the 7075 aluminum


Then i ordered the pillowball, also known as rose joint.

Then i started working on the first 2 biggest pieces.

 Here i am turning the chuck on the right size, to grab the aluminum without damaging the piece
(I know, this was the old drawing)

Next time I will show u guys the rest of the topmounts.
So far it is coming out fine!

Cheerss

1 opmerking: